Is Your Content Findable?
Interruption marketing strategies － where marketers interrupted prospective customers’ days by sticking ads in their face － are becoming less effective all the time. Today’s buyer already has a good idea what they want and will search for information to relieve their point of pain or fulfill a desire. It’s going to be on their time and with their permission. Your content may take the form of blog posts, videos on YouTube or Tweets. Effective content needs to be well written and/or tagged, crawlable and successfully indexed by Google, Bing and Yahoo!, if it’s going to be found when those searches occur.
Is it Interactive?
Consumers of products, services and content value the opinions and advice of others and enjoy engaging in the conversations surrounding content they like, find useful or disagree with. Your content should allow ratings, comments or the ability to provide feedback others can view and respond to.
Is it Easy to Share?
It has become expected that content will be shareable. So make it super easy for your blog’s visitors to email the post to a friend or recommend it through the popular social sites. If you offer a video or infographic, consider making it embeddable on other sites.
Latest posts by Cole Wiebe (see all)
- The Shift From Rented Content to Owned Content, and How it Impacts Your Business - January 24, 2014
- Are You Focusing on Conversion Before You Have Traffic? - January 20, 2014
- Is Your Blog Writing Suffering from “Old Married Couple” Syndrome? - January 13, 2014
- Increasing Your Blog’s Readership and Authority - January 11, 2014
- The Real Reason Most Blogging and Social Media Missed the Mark in 2013 - January 5, 2014